Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bobby Curtis Couldn't Respond: "I just had nothing to go with."



Key Quotes from Bobby Curtis after his 10th place finish at the US Olympic Trials:

"When those guys picked it up, I just had nothing to go with."

On the strategy of not doing any track races in the months prior to the Trials: "Clearly, it didn't work. I just thought ... I ran the last two Stanford races well off of just base training. I thought the race at the Trials would be similar."

"I didn't have the rhythm, I guess. That was probably due to lack of track running. ... Probably, as the summer goes on, I'll get faster on the track."

"I'm going to try to do a bunch of track races now. I built a great base -- I'm in good shape. Hopefully, I'll have something to show for it eventually."

No comments:

Post a Comment